Bachelor of Arts in Computer Applications (BCA) is a four year (8 Semesters) academic program designed by Tribhuvan University (TU) under Faculty of Humanities and Social Science (FOHSS) .
The objective of the BCA program is to produce high quality computer application users and developers by providing intensive knowledge in the theory, design, programming and application of computers. It provides an in-depth understanding of and experience with computer systems and develops creative and analytical skills that provides a basis for technological problem-solving.
St. Lawrence realizes the importance of computer application study and helps to enforce the strength of this study so as to benefit our young aspirants to become the successful IT managers/programmers in the future. To achieve this noble objective, BCA program at St. Lawrence specially attempts in the following aspects:
• Excellent academic environment
• Preferences for Seminars, Workshops and Field Visits.
• Preferences to IT related project works.
• Provides Guest Lectures.
• Technical Research & Presentations.
• Well-equipped computer laboratories and digital laboratories.
• Educational Tours in related places.
• Career counseling for job placement.
• Preparing student for research in recent technologies for future development
• Affiliation with various IT companies for graduate placement programs
• Dedicated internet Connection
• Workshops and professional skill development Courses
Minimum D+ grade in each subject of grade 11 and 12 with CGPA 2.0 or more
Minimum score of second division marks in 10+2, PCL or equivalent in any discipline.
Students who have passed grade 11 and are waiting for supplementary exam (PURAK PARIKSHA) of grade 12 can also apply. However, they have to submit all the required documents at the time of admission. Applicants are required to appear in the entrance test conducted by Institute of Humanities and Social Science, Tribhuvan University and should secure at least 35% marks in order to be eligible.
|Computer Application (Core Course)||71 (4*2+3*21)|
|Elective Courses||12 (3+3+3+3)|
|Mathematics & Statistics Course||9 (3+3+3)|
|Language Course||6 (3+3)|
|Social Science & Management Course||15 (3+3+3+3+3)|
|Project & Internship||13 (2+2+6+3)|